Spencer Dinwiddie of the Brooklyn Nets is on the radar for some of the Western Conference heavyweights. The Nets’ desire to move him is currently unknown.
Multiple contenders in the West have shown interest internally in trading for the Brooklyn Nets shooting guard, sources told Ian Begley of SNY. Dinwiddie addressed the report almost immediately on Twitter, calling for the identities of the supposed clubs.
Dinwiddie has a player option on his contract for the 2021-22 season worth $12.3 million. Given their other financial commitments, it might be a challenge for the Nets to re-sign Dinwiddie as a free agent. However, he is expected to opt-out in the 2021 offseason in order to pursue a much larger free-agent contract.
As for this offseason, General Manager Sean Marks has publicly said that re-signing Joe Harris is a top priority.
The 27-year-old led the Nets last season in assists with 6.8 per game and talked second on the team after Kyrie Irving in both scoring (20.6 points) and minutes per contest (31.2). He began last season as Brooklyn’s first option of the bench but permanently moved into the starting lineup in November 2019 after Irving’s shoulder injury.
Trades are still on hold as the league and players continue to negotiate details surrounding the 2020-21 season. Last week, the union voted to approve a 72-game campaign with a December 22 start. The NBA is expected to lift it’s a moratorium on trades shortly after both sides reach a formal agreement.
Dinwiddie never entered the NBA bubble with the Nets after taking positive for coronavirus and remaining home out of caution.