India Vs Australia: AUS 127/7 (20 Overs) | IND – 126/7 (20 Overs) | AUSTRALIA WIN A THRILLER OFF THE LAST BALL
Aus defeated India off the last ball in a low scoring thriller. India only scored 126 but defended it with great zeal. Maxwell was in his element and was the top scorer for Australia with 56. Bumrah was sensational for India with figures of 16 for 3 from his 4 Overs. Both the teams will now move to Bengaluru for the second T20I to be played at the Chinnaswamy stadium. The match will be played on Wednesday, February 27th 2019.
Australia National Cricket Team (Playing XI): Aaron Finch(Skipper), Peter Handscomb (Wicket Keeper), D Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Ashton Turner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Jhye Richardson, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa.
India National Cricket Team (Playing XI): Virat Kohli(Skipper), MS Dhoni(Wicket Keeper) Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Krunal Pandya, Umesh Yadav, Mayank Markande (Debutant), Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
LIVE COMMENTARY: AUSTRALIA INNINGS
- BUMRAH STRIKES! Coulter Nile goes. Aus need 14 from 6 balls.
- BUMRAH STRIKES! Handscomb goes. Aus need 14 from 7 balls.
- 16 from 12 balls now.
- Wicket! Stumps are on the ground. Turner is bowled by Krunal Pandya.
- Australia at 101/4 after 16 overs. Three runs and a Wicket from the over.
- WICKET! This time runout. Confusion between the two players on the crease. Australia – 101/4 (15.2 overs).
- Australia – 98/3 after 15 overs.
- FOUR! Comes from Short’s on the 3rd ball of the over.
- After 14 overs, Australia at 90/3.
- Maxwell (56) depart on the 3rd ball of the over.
- 50 comes-up for Maxwell. Australia at 83/2 after 13 overs.
- After 12 Overs. Aus 78/2. 49 from 48 needed.
- 11 from 10th Over. Aus need run a ball, 60 from 60.
- Australia reach 50 after 8 overs. Need 76 in 72 balls now.
- Markande to bowl for first time in International Cricket.
- Powerplay finished for Australia. They make 41 for the loss of 2 wickets.
- Maxwell hits six and four of consecutive balls.
- Maxwell takes Umesh Yadav to the cleaners. Smash three boundaries in the over.
- Four! Maxwell hits one through cover.
- Glenn Maxwell at the crease now.
- WICKET! Finch goes for a first ball duck. Bumrah traps him for first ball duck.
- WICKET! India breaks through and Stoinis is run out.
- Chahal with the 2nd Over.
- 4 from the first over. Aus need 123 from 19 Overs.
- Bumrah to open the bowling for India.
- Australia are chasing 127 to take 1-0 lead the 2 match series.
Indian cricket team are going head to head with Australia in the first T20 at Vishakhapatnam today. The match is being played keeping in mind the combination that will serve India best ahead of the world cup. Virat Kohli is back and is leading the side. Rohit Sharma is the vice-captain. Hardik Pandya is out injured. Aaron Finch will be looking to avenge the defeat that they faced in Australia from India recently. He is fresh from the BBL success where he was the winning captain with Melbourne Renegades. Glenn Maxwell who was leading the runners up Melbourne Stars in BBL will play a key role along with Marcus Stoinis.
LIVE COMMENTARY: INDIA INNINGS
- After 20 overs Team India finish at 125/6.
- 6 from the 18th Over. India 115/7.
- 5 from the Over. India 109/7 after 17 Overs.
- 4 from the 16th Over. India 104/6.
- Team India lose their 6th wicket at the score of 100.
- Krunal Pandya and Dhoni are in the middle. India 95/5 after 14 Overs.
- Karthik’s stumps are flattened by Coulter Nile. Ind 94/5 after 13 Overs.
- KL Rahul departs. India 92/4 after 12.2 Overs.
- 50! Half century for KL Rahul.
- MS Dhoni is at the crease now.
- Pant departs and it’s a run-out. Ind 80/3 after 10 Overs.
- SIX! Rahul hits one over the boundary. 11 from the 9th over. Ind 76/2
- Rishabh Pant comes to the middle.
- Kohli departs for 24 on the bowling of Zampa.
- 10 from 7th Over Ind 59/1
- 50 for India at 6.1 Over.
- 11 from the 6th Over. After powerplay Ind 49/1
- 12 from the 5th Over. India 38/1
- Four! Kohli hits one to the point boundary.
- Four! Kohli hits one over the Umpire’s head.
- 11 from the 4th over. India 26/1
- Kohli gets off the mark with a nudge to the third man.
- FOUR! KL Rahul deposits one over cover.
- Virat Kohli has joined Rahul in the middle.
- WICKET! Rohit Sharma is caught at fine leg.
- End of the second over, KL RAHUL hits a couple of boundaries.
- End of first Over: 1 run.