PAK WON : PAK 168/9 (20 Overs) –
RSA 141/9 (20 Overs)
Watch Pakistan vs South Africa Live Cricket Match – TV Coverage of PAK vs RSA 3rd T20I on SuperSport, Ten Sports, Sony ESPN/HD and Online Streaming on Jio TV, Sony LIV, Willow TV, Sky Sports
Live Pak vs SA 3rd T20 live scorecard and commentary:
- MORRIS reaches his 50.
- SIX! MORRIS hits two on the grass banks but it is too late.
- SHAHEEN AFRIDI drops one of his own bowling. MORRIS it is who is the beneficiary.
- 40 needed from 6 balls. Pakistan has won the match if they just keep their senses.
- WICKET! FAHEEM ASHRAF disturbs the furniture. SIPAMLA goes for a first ball duck.
- 40 needed from 8 balls.
- FOUR! MORRIS hits one to mid off boundary. But is it too late.
- SIPAMLA comes to the crease. 47 needed from 12 balls.
- WICKET! DALA tries to go big and is OUT.
- FOUR! MORRIS hits one to the fine leg boundary.
- 6 singles from the 17th Over. 53 from 18 balls now needed.
- CHRIS MORRIS changes his BAT.
- 3 runs and a wicket from the 16th Over, 60 needed of 24 balls now.
- JUNIOR DALA to the crease. All depends on MORRIS now.
- WICKET! AMIR bowls a pinpoint yorker and BEURAN HENDRICKS stumps are rattled.
- AMIR to bowl the 16th Over.
- 5 from the Over. 63 from 5 Overs now.
- SHADAB KHAN to bowl the 15th Over. 68 form 6 Overs.
- 21 of the 14th Over. This chase has come alive. Faheem Ashraf the bowler.
- FOUR! Make that four boundaries in 4 balls. MORRIS on the charge.
- FOUR! Three boundaries in three balls.
- SIX! HALF a DOZEN for MORRIS.
- FOUR! MORRIS hits one to the cover boundary.
- WICKET! Phehlukwayo is given LBW to SHADAB KHAN. RSA lose their REVIEW as well.
- FOUR! SHAHEEN AFRIDI drops Phehlukwayo and its a 4.
- 3 runs from 12th Over.
- CHRIS MORRIS comes to the crease.
- WICKET! DUSSEN is gone for 41 and MALIK takes a good tumbling catch.
- FOUR! Phehlukwayo starts with a boundary.
- Phehlukwayo comes to the middle.
- WICKET! SHADAB gets MILLER with a GOOGLY.
- SIX! DUSSEN hits a very very long SIX.
- RSA need 110 from 10 overs at 11 runs an Over.
- After 10 overs RSA are 59-3
- SIX! DUSSEN gets one in the middle and deposits it out of the boundary.
- SHADAB KHAN into the attack.
- FOUR! 10 from the over. MILLER gets another boundary. 40-3 after 8 Overs.
- FOUR! MILLER starts with a boundary.
- Last match hero. DAVID MILLER, RSA skipper comes to the crease.
- WICKET! KLAASEN is gone for 2 of 10 deliveries. AMIR takes the wicket of his first ball.
- IMAD finishes an excellent spell. 19-1 of his 4 Overs. RSA 30-2 after 7th Over.
- 4 from the over and RSA finish powerplay at 24-2.
- AFRIDI hits one on the grill of DUSSEN and UMPIRES are calling the PHYSIO out.
- FOUR! DUSSEN goes aerial and hits a boundary.
- AFRIDI to finish the powerplay with his 3rd over.
- 3 from the over. PAK are keeping it tight. RSA 20-2 after 5 Overs.
- FAHEEM misfields at mid-off and DUSSEN takes a couple.
- 3 runs from the 4th over. RSA 17-2.
- There was a big appeal from the Keeper but there is no review.
- vd DUSSEN hits one into the air but AAMIR could not get under it. RSA 17-2.
- KLAASEN, the wicket keeper comes to the middle. SHAHEEN to continue.
- WICKET! IMAD has gone through MALAN defences and RSA are 2 down for 14.
- IMAD WASIM to continue.
- BOUNDARY! vd DUSSEN hits one nice and straight.
- vd DUSSEN comes to the middle.
- WICKET! AFRIDI takes a caught and bowled to send REEZA HENDRICKS back for 5.
- SHAHEEN SHAH AFRIDI to start from other end.
- MALAN is his opening partner.
- Imad Wasim to REEZA Hendricks, FOUR on the first ball of the innings.
SOUTH AFRICA INNINGS
- 6! 21 of the last over. PAK finishes with 168-9. SHADAB finishes with 22 of 8 balls.
- 6! SHADAB hits another one over the boundary.
- 6! SHADAB goes over cover for a maximum.
- Phehlukwayo to ball the last over of the innings.
- HENDRICKS finishes with career-best 14-4. PAK 147-9 after 19 OVERS.
- WICKET! MOHAMMAD AMIR goes for first ball duck. PAK 146-9 after 18.3 OVERS.
- WICKET! FAHEEM ASHRAF also falls looking to clear the boundary. PAK 145-8 after 18.1 OVERS
- ASIF is taken at the deep cover boundary for 25 and PAK are 144-7 after 17.5 OVERS.
- ASIF deposits MORRIS onto the banks for a SIX.
- 7 from the 17th Over.
- FAHEEM ASHRAF comes to the crease. Phehlukwayo starts with 2 wides.
- IMAD is castled by HENDRICKS off a slower ball. 7 from the Over. PAK 129-6 after 16 Overs.
- IMAD hits one to the mid-wicket boundary for 4. PAK 127-5 after 15.2 Overs.
- 11 from the 15th Over.
- Back to back boundaries for IMAD WASIM. PAK – 120-5 after 14.3 OVERS
- MORRIS comes into the attack and IMAD gets a 4 through cover.
- ASIF deposits SHAMSI 20 rows back for a SIX.
- IMAD WASIM joins ASIF ALI in the middle. PAK reaches 100.
- Phehlukwayo gets TALAT caught by the keeper. PAK 94-5 after 12.1 Overs.
- ASIF ALI comes to the middle.
- MALIK is run out with miscommunication happening between the two. PAK – 92-4 after 11.2 Overs.
- SHAMSI continues with his CHINAMAN stuff.
- HUSSAIN TALAT comes to the crease.
- RIZWAN holes out on the fence for 26 and SIPAMLA has his first wicket. PAK 89-3 after 10.4 Overs.
- Umpires going upstairs for run out check but RIZWAN is in safely. PAK 85-2 after 10.2 Overs
- SIPAMLA back into the attack after expansive first over.
- PAK 83-2 after halfway through the innings. 10 Overs completed.
- MALIK hits another boundary. PAK 78-2 after 8.5 Overs.
- MALIK collects a boundary. PAK 74-2 after 8.3 Overs.
- DALA replacing Phehlukwayo for the 9th Over.
- RIZWAN collects another boundary on the next ball. PAK 65-2
- RIZWAN with his first boundary. 61-2 after 7.2 Overs.
- TABRAIZ SHAMSI and its spin into the attack.
- Singles on every ball of the 7th Over. 56-2 PAK
- Andile Phehlukwayo to start the 7th Over.
- After the powerplay PAK are 50-2
- SHOAIB MALIK is out in the middle at 4.
- FAKHAR ZAMAN is OUT caught by SHAMSI on the 3rd man boundary. PAK 47-2.
- An excellent Over for South Africa with just 1 run of it. PAK 46-1 after 5 Overs
- 21 of the 4th Over – PAK 45-1
- FAKHAR hits a pull shot to collect another FOUR. PAK 39-1
- FAKHAR with the first SIX of the innings.
- SIPAMLA with the 4th Over and FAKHAR takes a FOUR of the first ball.
- 6 from the 3rd Over. Pak 24-1
- Mohammad Rizwan comes in at 3 for Pakistan
- Babar Azam has holed out to cover and Morris takes first wicket. Pak 24-1
- Chris Morris to start 3rd Over and Babar Azam greets him with boundary.
- Another boundary of the fifth ball – Pak 17/0 after 1.5 Overs
- Another boundary of the fourth ball – Pak 13/0 after 1.4 Overs
- Junior Dala to start from other end and Babar Azam greets him with two boundaries of first two balls.
- A quiet first over – Pak 1/0
- Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman are out in the middle. Beuran Hendricks to open the bowling for South Africa.
South Africa have won the toss and have opted to field
South Africa (Playing XI): David Miller(Skipper), Heinrich Klaasen(Wicket Keeper), Rassie van der Dussen, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Chris Morris, Lutho Sipamla, Beuran Hendricks, Junior Dala, Tabraiz Shamsi, Andile Phehlukwayo
Pakistan (Playing XI): Shoaib Malik(Skipper), Mohammad Rizwan(Wicket Keeper), Hussain Talat, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Imad Wasim
Pakistan will be playing for pride when they will be going head to head with South Africa in the last T20 match of the series in Centurion on Wednesday. Pakistan was whitewashed 3-0 in the tests. They lost 3-2 in the ODIs but there best bet was in T20s as they are the top-ranked side in the format. They were lent a blow with the suspension of regular skipper Sarfraz Ahmed on the account of racism charges. Shoaib Malik is leading the team in his absence but the urgency which Sarfraz brought to the table was missing in the two games.
The scoreline though does not tell you the true picture of how the series has panned out. Pakistan was in with more than a chance in both the games. They lost by 6 runs in the first T20 whereas in the second T20 the margin was only 7 runs. There was a time in both the T20 chases that Pakistan were the favorites but they could not finish the job. Mohammad Hafeez’s injury also played a part in the losses as they needed his experience and a cool head at number 3 position to steer the run chase and take them past the finishing line.
South Africa, on the other hand, is without Du Plessis, their regular T20 skipper but his stand-in did not let the team or the fans miss him. His belligerent half-century in the second T20 just gave everybody a reminder of what he is capable of in this format. Usman Shinwari was especially at the receiving end of Miller’s onslaught in the second ODI. The left arm pacer went for 63 in his four overs with 29 coming off his last which was also the 20th over of the South African innings.
The stadium with a capacity of 22000 is expected to be filled as there is guaranteed entertainment with two top sides playing. The average first innings score on the venue is 167 and the highest score made on this ground batting first is a humongous 241 by the hosts against the visiting English men. Much depends on the surface that is provided in the middle because there is a big difference between the highest score chased and lowest score defended on this ground. A highest chased score of 189 in 18.4 overs shows that no score is safe on the venue but 126 was also defended here so you cannot say which way things will turn out until the pitch report happens.
Stay Tuned for live coverage.