NZ – 212/4 (20 Overs) – IND 208/6 (20 OVERS)
MAN OF THE MATCH – COLIN MUNRO
MAN OF THE SERIES – TIM SIEFERT
NZ WIN THE SERIES 2-1
NewZealand hold on to their nerves and beat India by 4 runs to win the third T20 by 4 runs. With the win, they also won the series by 2-1. After batting first, the Kiwis posted 212 for 4 with Munro leading the charge with 72. Siefert also played a handsome hand of 43. Grandhomme chipped at the end with a quickfire 30. Kuldeep was the pick of the bowlers for India picking 2 for 26 from his 4 overs.
India began their chase on a poor note with Dhawan dismissed in the first over. Rohit Sharma was then joined by Vijay Shankar who was the highest scorer of the innings with 43. He was dismissed by Santner. After his departure, there were two cameos by Pant and Hardik Pandya but both of them could not go on to finish the game.
In the end, India fell short by just 4 runs in spite of late heroics by Karthik who hit 33 from 16 with 4 sixes and Krunal Pandya who hit 26 from 13 with 2 sixes.
India will now host Australia for two T20s starting on feb 24th.
Live Commentary: INDIA INNINGS
- 16 needed from the last OVER.
- 30 runs from 12 balls.
- SIX! KRUNAL PANDYA hits one over cover.
- India needs 47 from 18 balls.
- SIX! KARTHIK hits one over the boundary.
- WICKET! DHONI departs and INDIA are 6 down for 145.
- India need 68 runs in 30 balls
- DInesh KARTHIK comes to the crease.
- WICKET! PANDYA goes for 21. IND 145/5
- MS DHONI is on the crease now.
- India need 72 runs in 36 balls
- WICKET! ROHIT departs against the run of play.
- SIX! HARDIK is on FIRE.
- FOUR! HARDIK hits a FOUR.
- India need 85 runs in 42 balls
- SIX! HARDIK comes to the crease and it’s 6 first ball.
- WICKET! PANT goes for 28. IND 121/3
- India need 93 runs in 48 balls
- India need 105 runs in 60 balls
- SIX! PANT on the charge.
- SIX! PANT on FIRE. 100 UP for INDIA.
- India need 121 runs in 66 balls
- SIX! PANT hits a mammoth 6.
- PANT begins with a 4.
- RISHABH PANT to the crease.
- WICKET! SHANKAR departs after a well made 43. IND 81/2.
- FOUR! SHANKAR hits one over cover.
- India need 137 runs in 72 balls
- SIX! SHANKAR again over mid wicket.
- SIX! SHANKAR shows his class and deposits SODHI into the crowd.
- India need 151 runs in 78 balls
- POWERPLAY COMPLETED – IND 57/1 after 6 OVERS
- OVER 5.2 FOUR and FIFTY 50 up for INDIA
- OVER 5 IND 49/1.
- OVER 4.5 FOUR! ROHIT steps out and hits a 4 through cover.
- OVER 4 IND 38/1
- OVER 3.5 FOUR! SHANKAR gets a four.
- OVER 3.5 WIDE.
- DEBUTANT TICKNER into the attack.
- OVER 2.6 FOUR! 11 from 3rd Over.
- OVER 2.4 FOUR! SHANKAR gets a 4.
- Kuggeleijn to bowl the third Over.
- BOUNDARY! ROHIT gets a 4.
- SOUTHEE from the other end.
- SHANKAR comes to the crease and it’s 5 WIDES.
- WICKET! DHAWAN goes for 4. INDIA lose their first WICKET.
- FOUR! DHAWAN hits a 4.
- SANTNER to open bowling.
Live Commentary: New Zealand INNINGS
- FOUR! Boundary to finish the innings at 212/4 off their 20 Overs.
- LAST BALL coming up.
- TAYLOR gets a SIX off the first ball.
- LAST over of the innings coming up.
- FOUR! MITCHELL gets a boundary to take NZ to 200
- ROSS TAYLOR comes to the crease and takes a brace to open his account.
- WICKET! BHUVI gets Grandhomme for 30 and it’s 193/4 NZ.
- BHUVI to bowl the 19th Over.
- ANOTHER DROPPED CATCH. Now SHANKAR drops one.
- FOUR! Mitchell gets a boundary.
- DROPPED! Now ROHIT drops one off Hardik’s bowling.
- 15 from the 17th Over. 182/3 after 17 Over NZ.
- FOUR! Grandhomme gets four through cover.
- FOUR! Grandhomme gets four of an outside edge.
- SIX! for de Grandhomme.
- Daryl MITCHELL comes to the crease.
- WICKET! WILLIAMSON goes for 27. NZ 150/3. KHALEEL the bowler.
- FOUR! 150 up for NZ. WILLIAMSON on the charge.
- 2 for 26 off his 4 Overs for KULDEEP. NZ going at 10 an over. 140/2 after 14.
- de Grandhomme comes to the crease.
- WICKET! HARDIK takes the catch off KULDEEP’s bowling. MUNRO goes for 72.
- 17 from the 13th Over. NZ 135/1
- DROPPED! MUNRO is again dropped at short third man.
- SIX! MUNRO tonks Hardik for a gigantic SIX.
- FOUR! Now Shankar misfields and gives away a FOUR.
- DROPPED! KHALEEL drops a sitter of COLIN MUNRO.
- 8 from the 12th Over. NZ 118/1.
- FOUR! WILLIAMSON gets a four of an outside edge.
- FOUR! 14 from the 11th OVER. 110/1 after 11 NZ.
- SIX! 100 up for NZ. 50 for MUNRO.
- 9 from the Over 10th. 96/1 after 10.
- OVER 9.4 SIX! MUNRO has had enough of it and deposits KULDEEP into stands.
- 4 from the 9th Over. 87/1 NZ.
- 4 from the 8th Over. 83/1 NZ.
- KANE WILLIAMSON comes to the crease.
- OVER 7.4 WICKET! SIEFERT is STUMPED by DHONI. KULDEEP gets the first wicket for INDIA.
- OVER 7.1– Kuldeep into the attack and MUNRO is beaten first ball.
- OVER 7 completed – 79/0.
- SIX! SIEFERT goes over mid off and it’s a 6.
- FOUR! MUNRO get a four through cover.
- 20 from 6th Over. 66 after powerpaly are NZ.
- SIX! SIEFERT this time goes on one knee and sweeps for 6.
- FOUR! Another boundary to MUNRO.
- SIX! MUNRO tonks Pandya over the square leg boundary. 50 up for Kiwis.
- Krunal Pandya into the attack to bowl the last over of powerplay.
- 8 from the 5th Over. 46/0 NZ.
- FOUR! MUNRO goes leg side and gets 4.
- Hardik into the attack for the 5th Over.
- FOUR! 16 from the Over 4th. 38/0 NZ.
- SIX! SIEFERT now get down on one knee and laps it for a 6.
- FOUR! DROPPED! SIEFERT dropped by VIJAY SHANKAR and it’s a boundary.
- 3 from the 3rd Over. 22/0 NZ.
- Bhuvi is nailing his yorkers with the new ball.
- Colin MUNRO has changed his bat.
- WIDE! form Bhuvi.
- Bhuvaneshwar to start with his 2nd Over.
- Over 2 completed – 19/0 NewZealand
- FOUR! SIEFERT goes up and over cover for 4.
- KHALEEL to start from other end and there is a single off the first ball.
- 11 from the first over for the KIWIS.
- SIX! MUNRO on the strike for the first time and he begins with a SIX.
- A couple on the first ball for Siefert.
- Tim Siefert and Colin Munro will be opening the innings for New Zealand. Bhuvi with the ball for India.
- Time for National Anthems.
New Zealand (Playing XI): Kane Williamson(Skipper), Tim Seifert(wicket-keeper), Colin Munro, Daryl Mitchell, Ross Taylor, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner (Debutant)
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(Skipper), MS Dhoni(wicket keeper), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed
India wins the TOSS and they have decided to bowl first. Kuldeep Yadav is playing in place of Chahal. Rest remains the same.
We are just an hour away from the start of the final T20 between India and NewZealand. TOSS and TEAM information in half an hour. Stay tuned.
Indian Women lost the match by 2 runs against New Zealand Women and after that match has finished we are starting our coverage for the last T20 between India and NewZealand at Seddon Park, Hamilton. Stay tuned.
India will be looking to add to their silverware on the tour down under when they will be playing New Zealand in the third T20I on Sunday. The match will be played at Seddon Park, Hamilton. New Zealand will be looking to win this match and avenge the loss of the ODI series defeat in which they were humiliated by India by a margin of 4-1.
India may bring in Kuldeep Yadav in place of Chahal while the rest of the team is likely to remain the same. If India wins this match then they will create history as they have not defeated the Kiwis in a T20 series in their own backyard ever. India will return home to play Australia from February 24, while New Zealand will host Bangladesh.