The world’s third-largest stadium to be made in Rajasthan’s capital Jaipur. The design of the stadium has been finalized, the stadium will cover almost 100 acres of area to be made with a cost of 350 Crore rupees. Rajasthan Cricket Association’s chief Mahender Sharma revealed these details, he also said that stadium will have a capacity of more than 75 thousand people.
After Ahemdabad’s Motero Stadium and Melbourne Cricket Ground, this stadium will be the world’s third-largest in terms of seating capacity. Motero stadium has a capacity of 1.10 lakh people making it the world’s largest stadium, whereas Melbourne Cricket Ground can hold up to 1.02 lakh people.
Land for the stadium has been finalized in Jaipur
RCA has finalized around 41.47 hectares ( around 100 acres) of land in Jaipur. Indoor games facility, a training academy for many sports, clubhouse, parking for almost 4 thousand cars will be made.
Stadium to get two separate practice grounds
There will be two separate practice grounds, which can easily host Ranji matches. Two restaurants for the spectators, 30 practice nets for the players, and a press conference room with 250 seats in it.
From where will these 350 crore rupees come?
- BCCI will give 90 crore rupees
- RCA will ask for 100 crore rupees from BCCI
- RCA will lend 100 crore rupees from the bank in the form of loam
- Rest 60 crores will be arranged by selling corporate boxes in the stadium
Facilities in the stadium
- Main ground, of international level
- Two practice grounds, where even Ranji matches can be played
- A world-class cricket academy
- A clubhouse
- Parking for almost 4000 cars
- Press conference room
- Restaurant for the audience
The stadium will be built in 2 phases
The stadium will be made in 2 phases, in the first phase the capacity will be 45 thousand, it will take around 2 years to complete the construction. In the second phase, capacity will be increased to 75 thousand.