Amid corona decision on US Open still doubtful. (source: USTA twitter handle)

New York’s governor Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday said that US Open will be played. US Open is scheduled to start from 24th August and will end on the 13th of September.

World number 2 Simona Halep’s participation in the US Open is also doubtful. Spokesperson of Halep said to media. Earlier Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic denied playing the Grand Slam. 

US Open will be played in empty stadiums

Like any other sports league going on in the world, US Open will be played in empty stadiums. United States Tennis Association said that all the matches will be played in empty stadiums. Association has given the whole schedule of the tournament to the US government. They are just waiting for the acceptance of their proposal regarding the US Open. Last year 7.40 lakh people came to watch the US Open.

Extra facilities to be given

Governor Cuomo said that extra facilities will be given to the players. Every player will be tested for corona, the extra locker room will be given to every player, cleanliness will be prioritized along with that everyone will have their rooms to maintain a good distance.

 Ashleigh Barty, Nadal and Djokovic’s participation still doubtful

Roger Federer will not play the US Open, as he is still recovering from his knee operation. Nadal’s participation is not confirmed yet, the defending champion Rafael Nadal may or may not play the Grand Slam. There is a possibility that World Number one Ashleigh Barty will not play the US Open. Novak Djokovic said that if the situation in the US doesn’t improve he will not play the tournament. 

Wimbledon canceled, French Open delayed

Australian Open is the only Grand Slam that has been completed this year, rest all the Grand Slams are doubtful to be played. French Open was scheduled to start from the 24th of May, but it has been delayed until the 13th of September. On the other hand, the biggest tennis tournament Wimbledon has been canceled due to COVID’19.